Vacancy: General Affairs Officer | Information
News article | 14-02-2022 | 02:44
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Singapore is looking for a full-time General Affairs Officer.
We are looking for a General Affairs Officer for the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Singapore. The General Affairs Officer has the crucial responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of Embassy operations.
The general affairs agent is a dynamic, autonomous and practical employee in the execution of the tasks to be accomplished. The employee is a positive and proactive individual who can function independently and has the ability to multi-task and prioritize. The employee is precise, has good planning and organizational skills and is ready to perform a wide range of tasks. The employee has strong communication and social skills and enjoys working in a team. The employee works closely with the other General Affairs Officer. The tasks will be shared within the team under the supervision of the operational manager.
The Embassy is looking for a quick learner with a service-oriented attitude.
• General support in operational processes
• Ensure accurate financial administration (e.g. cash management, invoicing, VAT claim and refund controls)
• Monitor contract management, report contract expiration and prepare quotes
• Inform and assist expatriate staff on housing issues, car imports/taxes.
• Manage office inventory and supplies (technical equipment, office equipment, official cars and government-owned artwork) for the Chancery and Official Residence by verifying and updating content lists, etc.
• Provide logistical and organizational support to the Embassy during the arrival of delegates and events
• Other administrative tasks decided within the general affairs team
He/she also supports the Director of Operations in the area of financial affairs, accommodation, logistics and provides clerical and administrative support.
Knowledge and skills
• Higher vocational training
• A General Affairs Officer with at least 2 years of relevant experience is preferred
• Knowledge of financial administration and office management
• Experience in dealing with external companies and suppliers
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office in particular Outlook, Excel and Word, experience with SharePoint
• Experience in developing schedules, lists, Excel sheets
• Experience with financial processes would be an advantage
• Affinity with IT
• Master English
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands strives to provide high quality services, both externally and internally. The embassy’s main tasks are to maintain diplomatic relations, provide consular services, and support bilateral trade, investment, and innovation. Embassy’s core values include a strong customer focus to provide personalized, high-quality services.
services. We take responsibility, like to cooperate and consider integrity as one of our core values. We work as one team across all departments. The Embassy strives to be open and accessible, innovative and seeks to constantly improve work processes and services.
The General Affairs Officer supports the work of the General Affairs Section. He is accountable to the operational manager and will be guided in his daily work by the operational manager.
The employees of the general affairs section replace each other if necessary and work in close consultation with each other and with the different clusters of the Embassy, under the responsibility of the respective cluster heads. Flexibility is the key.
The candidate will be employed locally by the State of the Netherlands, represented here by the Head of Mission of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
The Embassy offers a full-time position (37.5 hours), initially for 1 year with the possibility of extension. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Singapore. Knowledge of the Dutch language would be considered an advantage, but is not a requirement. The position is classified at level 6, starting salary 3954 SGD gross per month.
The successful candidate will be offered a salary with a payroll number corresponding to years of relevant work experience.
For more information, please email the Operations Manager, Chantal Spindelaar, [email protected]
Interested candidates are invited to send an e-mail containing a cover letter and a CV to [email protected] before March 25, 2022.